Offshore Vessel Handling and Maneuvering Course
“Aquanaut Dynamic Positioning Centre” is a DP training institute that provides an Offshore Vessel Handling and Maneuvering Course in Navi Mumbai (India). This course is for Deck Cadets and Deck Officers new to the offshore industry and unfamiliar with the maneuvering characteristics of offshore support vessels.
Course will commence on every Monday and the course duration will be 3 Days.
Objectives of the Offshore Vessel Handling and Maneuvering Course
This course is designed to cover basic maneuvering and ship handling procedure related with berthing and un-berthing of offshore vessels in port and working in close proximity of offshore installation.
The theory is practiced by practical exercises on the full mission offshore support vessel simulator in various weather conditions and in different working situations, including full feedback sessions after each completed operation.
The candidates will be trained in the following areas:
- Introduction to Dynamic Positioning
- Basic knowledge about offshore installation terminology
- Review of ship handling theory, including application of the pivot point
- Planned approaches to offshore facilities
- Calculation of wind/current, and their influence on the operation
- Risk assessment and planning for entering the 500m safety zone
- Contingency planning of thruster, rudder, propeller failure
- Contingency operation during thruster, rudder, propeller failure
- Contingency operation in the event of a semi-blackout
- Review machinery and power requirements in various situations/operations
- Introduction to joystick maneuvering and change-over procedures
- Case studies and accident analysis
At “Aquanaut Dynamic Positioning Centre” practical training sessions are very thorough and circumstantial and therefore, candidates get a better understanding of everything. The simulator provides realistic behavior of the vessel, rig and surrounding vessels. This course provides the underpinning maneuvering and ship handling knowledge and skills for Deck Officers on board offshore support vessels. The participants should, upon completion of the course, demonstrate conning of the vessel in different operational situations.
ADPC offers various courses in Dynamic Positioning :
- DP Induction (Basic) Course
- DP Simulator (Advance) Course
- DP Maintenance Course
- High Voltage Course
- Basic Anchor Handling Course