Basic Anchor Handling Simulator Course
“Aquanaut Dynamic Positioning Centre” is a DP training institute that provides a Basic Anchor Handling Simulator Course in Navi Mumbai (India). This course is for officers who participate in anchor handling operations on the bridge with nautical education. Course will commence on every Monday and the course duration will be 3 Days.
Objectives of the Basic Anchor Handling Simulator Course
This course is designed to provide training for prospective and existing deck officers responsible for watch keeping during anchor handling and towing operations on board vessels engaged in anchor handling operations.
The purpose of this simulator training is to give candidates (with limited or no experience of anchor handling) knowledge whereby they would to be able to carry out a routine anchor handling operation under normal conditions and under supervision of an experienced captain or senior officer.
The candidates will be trained in the following areas:
- Rules and regulations
- Characteristics of Anchor Handling Vessels
- Anchor handling vessel layouts, winch configurations and deck equipment
- Stability theory
- Safety Procedures and Safe Job Analysis
- Teamwork and communication
- Rigging for Anchor Handling
- Maneuvering (including DP) along with Vessel capabilities and Position keeping info
- Winch operation
- Perform anchor handling and towing duties in the simulator
- Running and retrieving anchors
- Water depth and wire length
- Planning and risk assessment
- Emergency procedures
At “Aquanaut Dynamic Positioning Centre” practical training sessions are very thorough and circumstantial and therefore, candidates get a better understanding of everything. The simulator provides realistic behavior of the vessel, rig and surrounding vessels. Once a candidate clears this course, they will gain Knowledge and understanding of working practices unique to anchor handling and towing operations used in the offshore industry.
ADPC offers various courses in Dynamic Positioning :
- DP Induction (Basic) Course
- DP Simulator (Advance) Course
- DP Maintenance Course
- High Voltage Course
- Basic Anchor Handling Course